Re: Adding IPv10 to the IETF 98 Agenda.

2017-03-07 12:29:45

On 07/03/17 15:58, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 03:42:57PM +0000, Stewart Bryant wrote:
It might be interesting to have a wild ideas slot in the form of a series of
10 mins
talks.

That sounds like a lightning-talks session.  I wonder whether the
plenary would be a good venue for that, or whether that would be too
large an audience?  We might not have to do it every time, but perhaps
this is a suggestion for the IAB technical plenary program to
consider.  What do people think?

Not the plenary. Too big an audience for less well developed
ideas, and too scary for many presenters. (And, at a plenary,
there would always be someone excited by any random talk, so
a smaller set of listeners may actually be beneficial for QA
reasons.)

Yes to the idea that the IAB (or IESG) could try a session like
this a couple of times and see how it goes. Put it in a small
room during the normal daytime in parallel with other stuff
and see what happens.

There would need to be a programme ctte or some rules as to
how one gets a slot. If the latter, then I don't like FCFS
as we'd end up with the same presenters too many times if I
know us:-)

S.