Re: new DNS classes

2017-07-07 13:28:03
You need a better imagination then.   mDNS is a crippled DNS implementation
that was hobbled on purpose.   HS was/is an entirely different addressing
scheme that emerged from project Athena @ MIT.  To the extent that when all
you have been given is the IN class and it's associated rooted hierarchy,
you first,second,&third inclination is to treat EVERYTHING as being easily
integrated into that model.  And the ietf is going to go right along with
you.   After all, when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a
nail.

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Nico Williams <nico(_at_)cryptonector(_dot_)com>