Re: [DNSOP] Minor editorial change to draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps

2017-07-04 12:50:29

Ted Lemon wrote:
On Jul 4, 2017, at 1:32 PM, william
manning<chinese(_dot_)apricot(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>  wrote:
I find Randys line of discussion mirroring my own thoughts. And to
answer your question above, technically, the TLD  org.  is a member
of the IN class, so in the OF class, it is credible to posit the
existence of  a org. TLD.   TLDs are per class... :)

Technically, yes. Would ICANN object?  I’d be astonished if they did
not. Is there any practical value in an alternative class hierarchy?
No. So it’s moot.

while IETF governs the protocol, ICANN only governs the IN class. i expect that there will be other classes some day, in order to avoid some aspect of ICANN. but this is not that.

--
P Vixie