Re: Minor editorial change to draft-ietf-dnsop-sutld-ps

2017-07-04 08:23:59
On Jul 4, 2017, at 3:39 AM, Randy Bush <randy(_at_)psg(_dot_)com> wrote:
is there a companion document with the list of benefits/advantages?  or
is thins just one of those ietf documents from on high meant to kill
something?

This is a very good question. We weren’t asked to answer that question, so we
didn’t.  It is assumed throughout the document that various proponents of
special use domains have good reasons for wanting them, and further that it is
already accepted in principle that if their reason for wanting them is valid,
they can have them (modulo technical constraints like delegation). So we didn’t
delve into that. But perhaps we should have.