Re: meeting ietf-legacy ssid

2017-07-12 22:35:26
On 7/11/2017 5:34 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
>    o don't care as their threat model sees runnin' nekkid over the air as
>      not a significant additional weakness, or
>
>    o believe that they are using sufficient encryption at higher layers
>      to meet their needs, or

Given that it is likely that at least one of the 1200 open-participation
IETF meeting attendees -- all of whom have access to the WiFi password
-- sometimes indulges in bad actor behavior, then it might be worth
clarifying exactly what the incremental benefit is, in having WiFi
encryption, if one is already using TLS liberally.

(For extra credit, it would be interesting to see where this benefit is
already documented on the net.)

This occurred to me too. There was another response that actually seemed to
indicate that there was incremental benefit even when using a VPN tunnel
solution. I'd like to hear about the benefits in that case as well.

                                Ned