RE: [mail-ng] Mailing List

2004-01-29 13:41:03

Paul,

Would it be possible to have the mailing-list server embed the name of the
mailing list in the subject of the distributed messages, such as I've done?
Easier to move into folders in an automated fashion, that way....

Regards,
Marc Alaia

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Hoffman / IMC [mailto:phoffman(_at_)imc(_dot_)org]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2004 1:49 PM
To: mail-ng(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Subject: Starting the mail-ng discussion

Greetings again. So, let the wide-ranging and far-reaching discussion begin.

Note that this is not an IETF or IRTF activity yet. I have some ideas
of ways of facilitating the discussion that I will introduce as the
discussion moves forwards. They might involve things that aren't
currently done in the IETF or IRTF.

Please remember to keep the subject lines relevant to the discussion.
If you are about to post a message that has gone off-thread, change
the subject line.

Also, please refrain from posting protocol suggestions before there
is general agreement about the problem. That might be years from now.
It is easy to propose protocol suggestions; unfortunately, they tend
to cut off discussion about the nature and scope the problem.

Many heavily-opinionated people on this list will say what they
think. The eventual solution will most assuredly benefit if others
speak as well. Thoughtful consideration of unexpected voices can lead
to inspiration.

If you have questions about the administration of the list, please
contact me off-line.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium