CLOSED: RE: [mail-ng] Mailing List

2004-01-29 15:43:47

At 3:41 PM -0500 1/29/04, Marc Alaia wrote:
Would it be possible to have the mailing-list server embed the name of the
mailing list in the subject of the distributed messages, such as I've done?
Easier to move into folders in an automated fashion, that way....

Ahem. In my first message, I said "If you have questions about the administration of the list, please contact me off-line." In this case, "off-line" means "not on the mailing list". The fact that eight different people decided to talk about this makes it even more depressing.

This mailing list is using current standards for Internet mail while we talk about future standards. In this case, the standard we are using is RFC 2919. You will notice that every message has a List-ID: header.

So I'll give the answer in public that I would have *much* preferred to give in private: no.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium