Re: Why are we here? What are our goals?

2004-01-30 04:24:17

At 09:56 30/01/2004, Florian Weimer wrote:

Hector Santos wrote:

> - 100% amonymous access with no restrictiions  (where the abuse lies today)

Is this really true?  I don't receive any truly anonymous junk mail.

Really?

The vast majority of the spam I receive has anonymous headers/envelope information. By that I don't mean there isn't a 'From:' address, just that the From: address bears no resemblance to the real sender, and can't be traced back to them.

There is often some identifying information in the message body, but that's hard to parse automatically, and is often hidden further by the use of HTML tags.
Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                     http://www.pscs.co.uk/