Re: a few short notes

2004-02-01 15:38:01

At 16:56 04/02/01 +0100, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Mandatory authentication is also a bad idea IMO. Obviously authentication is very important and must be supported so that people who only want to receive mail from verifyable sources get to implement this policy, but that doesn't mean that we should force *everyone* to use such a policy.

I tend to disagree. *I* don't want you to receive a message that is faked
and pretends to come from me, but doesn't. Even if you don't care, I do.
I would strongly prefer a system that would not allow this. And my gut
feeling is that most users would be with me on this.

Regards,   Martin.