Re: Why are we here? What are our goals?

2004-02-01 18:16:56

John,

JWNI> For example, we want users to be able toexchange email in their
JWNI> native language.

At 5:15 PM +0100 2/1/04, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
I think most of them already dothat...

JWNI> The tacit assumption is that all parties to the message
JWNI> have thesame native language.  Accepting that assumption, I
JWNI> generallyagree.

This particularly example was intended to provide an example that I
was pretty sure we already had solved, so folks could ease into the
concept of non-technical requirements thinking.

(I certainly was not intending to be clever about complexity of
multi-native discussion contexts.)

However...

JWNI> We want them to be able to have addressesthat are
JWNI> expressed in their native charactersets.