Re: Non-latin email addresses dangerous?

2004-02-03 06:49:11

At 14:49 02/02/04, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
If if we're going to allow non-latin email addresses, I think the only reasonable way to do it is by mandating that the latin equivalent must always accompany the non-latin address. Then only in cases where the address was typed from paper or some such the latin equivalent is unavailable.

I think we should also explore the possibilities of having numeric-only email addresses, as this nicely solves the whole mess, be it in a way that isn't all that pretty to look at.

You create yourself a non existing problem because you use base 10 while software might like base16. You don't have any problem if you use brainware base46+1 (0-Z) - the same as the DNS does. Base46+n is what you currently use on your telephone, TV, radio etc. sets and on most of the user panels from cars to airplanes. Everyone seems to be able to call from everywhere to everywhere in the ITU world.