Re: user-visible goals

2004-02-01 22:06:35

On Feb 1, 2004, at 8:31 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
Who said users were realistic?  We're talking about what users want,
not what they can get.

Maybe you are. I'm looking to find what we can build, not what we can promise.

p.s. If you use the term "return receipt" you need to define what
you mean.  There's not a single obvious meaning of the term, and the
differences between the meanings are significant.  Terms like
"delivery notification" "receipt notification" and "read notification"
are more precise, but even then there can be a lot of wiggle room.

true, and thanks for clarifying. And perhaps all can be allowed, if the receiving user permits it, but I think my initial intent was "delivery notification" (it's stuffed in their mailbox), because that's what most existing sites that support this support, but users are probably hoping for "read/open notificiation" (someone looked at it), which is what Lotus Notes hopes to provide, and does so very badly.