Re: user-visible goals

2004-02-01 22:20:27

On Feb 1, 2004, at 8:31 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
Who said users were realistic?  We're talking about what users want,
not what they can get.

Maybe you are. I'm looking to find what we can build, not what we can
promise.

Some of the already mentioned goals go in part against each other, so
clearly achieving them all is close to impossible but first part in
understanding what we can build is to understand what we want to build and
that means identifying end-user requirements and choosing those that we
can work on that provide most value to end-users. If we just build system
with no regards to what users want, the system will not be used (I'd bet
you all know examples of such programs, even those that have lots of
features and are very well designed).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks