Re: user-visible goals

2004-02-02 15:51:02

And one more..

Users want to be able receive mail from people they dont know.

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Crowley <paul(_at_)ciphergoth(_dot_)org>
Date: Monday, February 2, 2004 6:29 pm
Subject: Re: user-visible goals

Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui(_at_)plaidworks(_dot_)com> writes:
On Feb 1, 2004, at 8:31 PM, Keith Moore wrote:
Who said users were realistic?  We're talking about what users
want,> > not what they can get.

Maybe you are. I'm looking to find what we can build, not what
we can
promise.

That's true, but it can be useful first to noodle on what mail system
users would ideally prefer, and only second to consider what of those
goals we can deliver, and to what extent.

I would say also

-- Users want messages delivered ASAP.

-- Users are particularly keen to have almost instantaneous delivery
of short messages where possible (for IM like applications)

-- Users want to know which messages are in response to which and what
discussions they form part of.
--
 __  Paul Crowley
\/ o\ sig(_at_)paul(_dot_)ciphergoth(_dot_)org