Re: user-visible goals

2004-02-03 14:32:02

Mark's point is well taken - some users want to be able to refuse mail from
anyone they dont know. This of course doesn't negate that some users (probably
more I think) want to be able to receive mail from people they dont know.

Lets add a couple more

Users want to know that the person sending mail to them is who they purport to
be (let's not debate the difficulties, let's just accept that as fact).

and

Users want to be able communicate effectively in their own language without
having to learn English.

Ian Peter

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Baugher <mbaugher(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
Date: Wednesday, February 4, 2004 6:06 am
Subject: Re: user-visible goals

I'm drinking from a firehouse on this list and don't know if
someone
already added:

Users want to be able to refuse all mail from anyone they don't know.

This is from personal experience and is probably more important
for the
very young and some very old email users.

There has been one thread on "explicitly forming relationships"
that is
related to this particular goal.

Mark