RE: list of user-visible goals

2004-02-05 03:13:04

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-mail-ng(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-mail-ng(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Keith Moore
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 2:29 AM
To: mail-ng(_at_)imc(_dot_)org
Cc: Keith Moore
Subject: list of user-visible goals

I've attempted to collect a list of user-visible goals that
people have sent in and to loosely organize them.  I've
probably missed a few by accident.  I deliberately left out a
couple of goals that I couldn't see how to express from a
user's point-of-view.

Anyway, take a look, and feel free to fill in any gaps you see.

There is one thing which I have been missing for some time: The ability
to link emails and mail boxes in a more flexible way than a tree
structure. Some examples I think are relevant:
- Someone with separate tasks/jobs want to have a folder structure where
there is one "meeting" folder for each task/job, and a general "meeting"
folder which is the aggregate of all "meeting" folders of the user.
- Someone receiving an email which has a content that suggests it fits
into more than one folder should be able to view the email in each of
them. This can greatly reduce the time to find an old, but important
message which addresses several different issues.

Yours sincerely,
--
Victor Engmark
Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditar - What is said in latin,