Re: No misdirected 'vacation' messages

2004-02-05 13:22:50

At 10:59 04/02/05 -0500, Keith Moore wrote:

But not standardized. There are no RFC's that state this is the way autoresponders
or mailing lists should behave.

see draft-moore-auto-email-response-05.txt, awaiting IESG ballot.

however it doesn't hurt to put this down as a user-visible goal for mail-ng

Yes. I didn't say this works now, or this doesn't work, or this
couldn't work now, or this could work now (given software would
do the 'right thing'), I just said that I want this to work in
whatever mail-ng will be.

In general, I think we should state requirements even for stuff
that works now, to make sure that nothing gets lost.

Regards,   Martin.