RE: [mail-vet-discuss] SHOULD the header be signed?

2007-12-03 13:42:34
Eric agreed:

I'm inclined to agree with the consensus.  There may be situations
where you verify a signature and then pass the message through an
untrusted environment, in which case you might want to re-sign and
re-verify the message, but I suspect they will be rare.  Consider that
this would effectively double the crypto overhead on verifiers, and it
really looks like making this a SHOULD is an expensive solution to
what will be for most people a non-problem.  I would say that it
should be at most a MAY.

+1

If it's an issue for a particular site, they can easily solve it without
affecting anyone else.

If it's not an issue for a particular site, they can easily ignore it
without affecting anyone else.

--
J.D. Falk
Receiver Products