mharc-users

Re:Install Help

2002-10-13 06:02:06

On October 11, 2002 at 16:33, root wrote:

I am begining project which include using a number of small mailing
lists. It looks like mharc will do what I need very nicely, however my
initial install failed with the folowing message;

od Usage.pm can't locate Pod Usage.pm in @INC ( @INC contains: bin/
../lib /usr/lib/perl5/5.00502/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.005.02
/usr/lin/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl/site_perl/5.005
.) at bin/apply-config line 43.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at bin/apply-config line 43

the file Usage.pm is licated in
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux/PDL/Pod/Usage.pm
--------------------------------------------^^^
What is "PDL"?

PDL (``Perl Data Language'') gives standard Perl <http://www.perl.org> the ability to compactly store and speedily manipulate the large N-dimensional data arrays which are the bread and butter of scientific computing.

I didn't build this system, so I'm not sure why it's there.

This seems to be a perl configuration problem and I would appreciate
some assistance in solving it. I have installed all of the other pieces.

 * You can try to install Pod::Usage by downloading it from CPAN.

I think I will try this.

 * Added /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i586-linux/PDL to your
   PERL5LIB search path.

I tried to add it via a wrapper script and the install failed in a different way.

 * Upgrade perl, later version have the module as part of the standard
   distribution.

I am having trouble getting later versions to compile cleanly. I am investigating the problem. Is there a minimum version of Perl which is necessary for mharc?

* Download the latest apply-config script from CVS.  I just checked-in
   changes so Pod::Usage is only loaded when -help or -man is specified.
   Hence, the script should run as long as you do not use those options
   (note, the install.pl script calls apply-config, so this is the
   reason you are getting the error).

I'll try this if I can get POD installed or that doesn't work.

--ewh

Thank you for the prompt response.

--
Robert Steinmetz AIA