mharc-users

Re: "Can't ignore signal CHLD"

2002-10-21 15:34:35
On October 21, 2002 at 14:36, Morgan Fletcher wrote:

I'm just setting up mharc 0.7.1 on a netbsd system. Have a local user
'mharc' subscribed to one mailman mailing list, and I've put the
suggested etc/crontab text in mharc's crontab. I am getting mail like
this. I'm not sure what is causing the problem exactly - whether it's
logcmd or read-mail or cron.

From root(_at_)domain(_dot_)com  Mon Oct 21 13:57:02 2002
From: root(_at_)domain(_dot_)com (Cron Daemon)
To: mharc(_at_)domain(_dot_)com
Subject: Cron <mharc(_at_)www> /usr/local/mharc/bin/logcmd -log
/usr/local/mharc/l
og/cron.log -- /usr/local/mharc/bin/read-mail
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:57:02 -0700 (PDT)

Can't ignore signal CHLD, forcing to default.
<<<<

I'm running the netbsd perl package, v5.6.1.

Have you tried running the above command from the shell?

My guess is there is some issue with signal handling with NetBSD.  What
I do not know is if it is the logcmd script or something else.  Since
I do not have access to a NetBSD system, so you will have to help out
in debugging what the problem may be.

--ewh