mharc-users

Re: [approved] problem with "more with this subject"

2002-10-28 12:17:37
On October 28, 2002 at 00:32, lg wrote:

hi, the "more with this subject" link doesn't work for me.
It points to:

/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=$NMZ-SUBJECT-QUERY:U$&idxname=debian&sort=date%3Alat

which is obviously wrong.

In ~/mharc/log/cron.log I get a lot of:

Warning: Unrecognized variable: "NMZ-SUBJECT-QUERY:U"

It looks like you have an old version of the web-archive script
running.  What is the "$Id..$" string at the top of the source
file for web-archive?

Check to see if you have two versions installed on your system
and the older one is being invoked instead of the newer one.

I have another minor problem too: "bookmark link" doesn't work. When I
click on it, I get "Not found" (I don't mean a 404 code page, I actually
mean a page with only two words on it: "not" and "found" :P ).
"bookmark link" points to:
/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=debian&i=200210011429(_dot_)17847(_dot_)shout32(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com

mesg.cgi generates this if it cannot find the message.  The 404 is
sent to the client, but the text "404" is not present in the body
of the response.

where "debian" is the list name and
200210011429(_dot_)17847(_dot_)shout32(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com is the
Message-ID, I guess.
This time the url seems correct, but it doesn't work anyway, do you know
why?

I think you have some configuration problems.

If you started with an old version of mharc, maybe things got messed
up when upgrading.  Remember, for the latest versions of mharc, you
use the install.pl script to install it.  Just extracting the tar
bundle to the desired installation location no longer works.

If you have been using mharc before install.pl, to upgrade, you
extract the tar bundle in a temporary location and then run install.pl.
When it prompts you for an installation location, specify the path
to your existing, older install, and install.pl will handle the upgrade
operations.

Re-check your config.sh settings and your crontab entries (from the
shell run: crontab -l).  In your crontab, check the pathnames of
the scripts invoked and see what the CVS $Id$ strings are (the $Id$
strings are at the top of each script file) and compare them with
the latest version, 0.7.1, to see if they match.

--ewh