mharc-users

problems with mesg.cgi

2002-10-29 19:15:43
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Earl Hood wrote:

A trick is to call mesg.cgi from the shell so you can debug it.  For
example:

QUERY_STRING='a=debian&i=200210011429(_dot_)17847(_dot_)shout32(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com'
 \
      mesg.cgi

[...]

Since mesg.cgi works for the mhonarc.org lists and my private archives,
my guess it is a configuration problem.

I should note that mesg.cgi does depend on the namazu search index
files, so if you have an archive that has searching disabled, then
mesg.cgi will not work.

This was a good tip.  I set QUERY_STRING, and ran mesg.cgi through a
debugger.  What I discovered was that Namazu is not correctly generating
NMZ.field.message-id.  Namazu seems to be doing everything else correctly;
search works fine.

I'm new to Namazu, so if anyone could suggest the config problem, I'd
appreciate it.  I'm running mharc 0.7.1 and Namazu 2.0.10 on Red Hat Linux
7.3.  Thanks.

-Eugene

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim(_at_)eekim(_dot_)com =====