mharc-users

Re: re-generation question

2002-10-29 18:51:03
On October 29, 2002 at 16:56, Morgan Fletcher wrote:

Note, this does not update the search index, but you may not care
if only deleted a few messages.

It's actually many messages. I'm not sure why, but many of the message
fragments are repeated multiple times. I think each hourly read-mail
process was finding the same fragments and re-processing them, until I
deleted them in the mbox file. I will rebuild that list tonight.

Are the fragments coming from the main source spool file, the
value of the ORGMAIL variable in config.sh?

mharc zero outs ORGMAIL after is copies messages over.  If you
delete the fragments out of the mbox files under $MBOX_DIR, they
should not reappear.

BTW, what generates the fragments?

Is there anything left over from the previous mhonarc html or namazu
indices, on a rebuild? Do they in any way bootstrap the new archives?
Or is the basis for the new html/indices only the mbox files?

Only the mbox files.  When doing a rebuild, mharc deletes the
entire html directory for the list.

--ewh