mhonarc-dev

[bug #4622] Duplicate entries in database if .html files not created

2003-08-06 13:42:27

=================== BUG #4622: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=4622&group_id=1968

Changes by: Earl Hood <earl(_at_)earlhood(_dot_)com>
Date: Wed 08/06/2003 at 15:39 (US/Central)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Invalid

[Unable to reproduce]
The problem is that the MSGPGS resource was disabled by
examining a captured database file from bug submitter.
Therefore, described behavior is consistent with MSGPGS
being disabled.

A grep of the code shows that MSGPGS (represented by
the $NoMsgPgs Perl variable) is only assigned to when
checking envariables, parsing rc files, and parsing
command-line options.  Therefore, unless more data can
be provided that shows MSGPGS being disabled outside
of these contexts, I will close this bug.

=================== BUG #4622: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: vlbrown                 Project: MHonArc
Submitted on: Mon 08/04/2003 at 14:08
Category:  Database                   Severity:  5 - Major
Bug Group:  Incorrect Behavior        Resolution:  Invalid
Assigned to:  None                    Status:  Open
Platform Version:  Unix               Perl Version:  5.6.1
Component Version:  2.6.6             Fixed Release:

Original Submission:  Somehow I got into a situation where mhonarc was failing
to create the .html files in the outdir. The attachments were converted
correctly to .jpg files; the database was updated; no .html files were created.

Apparently mhonarc checks for the existence of a .html file before adding an
entry to the database. Because there was no .html file, I reached a situation
where the database contained FIVE entries for msg00022.html (and no file named
msg00022.html was ever created).

I think mhonarc should look in the database to see if it has an entry before
creating another entry of the same name.  (and complain!!)

Follow-up Comments

Date: Mon 08/04/2003 at 14:17       By: ehood
Can you provide sample input, along with invocation options,
that recreates this problem?

CC list is empty

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link: