mhonarc-dev

Re: Determing Threads

2005-04-19 12:27:00
On April 18, 2005 at 20:19, East Coast Coder wrote:

Hi.  I'm trying to orient myself to the MHonArc source code.

Good luck.

One thing that I'm getting stuck with is:  Are unique indexes assigned
to threads?  If so, when I'm in output_mail, can I access this
message's thread ID (how)?

There are no "thread IDs".  There are relationships for follow-up
and and references for a given message.  The relationship "tree" can
be "walked" to get the complete thread (or the root).

If not, what would be the best way to do this (that is, assign a
unique id to each thread, and be able to access it within the
output_mail() sub)?

Have you looked at the $TSLICE$ resource variable?  I.e.  If you
provide more info on what you are trying to do, there may already
be features that do what you need.

--ewh