mhonarc-dev

Mhonarc Catching Signals

2005-08-09 19:23:56
I've been running mhonarc through a loop driver, to save the time of
the fork/exec/parse/compile:

mhonarc::initialize
while (...)
    mhonarc::process_archive

I tried to control this via Signals (ie, so I can tell the driver to
stop itself, in case I changed a callback or config file, etc.), but
it just hung (and ate up all available RAM).   A peek at the source
code showed me that mhonarc catches all of these signals.

Is there anyway around this, so that I can use signals as above?

Also, 1) why does mhonarc catch all of these signals, and 2) why do
you think they cause things to hang and eat RAM?

--ECC