mhonarc-users

RE: Using the Add option

1996-07-09 12:54:30
Starting with an index page with 100 messages, I tried it (with mhonarc
1.2.2) and I get an index page with only the added messages.  All the
others aren't listed.  They're still in the mhonarc.db and in the
directory, but not in the index.  When I tried to rebuild the index with
"-editidx" I got the following error and an empty index page:

            D:\temp\test>perl c:\mhonarc\mhonarc -dbfile mhonarc.db
-editidx
            ERROR: Database read error of .\mhonarc.db:
              Can't locate .mhonarc.db in @INC at (eval 3) line 1.

Mitch Walker

----------
From:  Earl Hood[SMTP:ehood(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com]
Sent:  Tuesday, July 09, 1996 11:39 AM
To:    Walker, Mitch (Robert M)
Subject:       Re: Using the Add option

I've got an archive that's got about 5000 messages in it now with an
index page that only lists the last 100 messages in reverse
chronological order.  Currently it gets completely rebuild every night
when I process new mail.  Originally with version 1, I had tried to use
the "-add" option, but the index page kept getting trashed.  As a result
I had to make a second pass with mhonarc to rebuild the index page
correctly.

My question is:  With the latest version, if I use the "-add" option, do
I need to regenerate the index page, or is that done in the same pass
with the "-add".

It should get regenerated automatically with the -add option.  If you
try out the latest version, and still have problems, please send a
message to this list.

      --ewh

----
   Earl Hood                  |   ISOGEN INTERNATIONAL CORP
   ehood(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com           |   dba Highland Consulting
   Phone: 214-953-0004 x127   |   2200 North Lamar #230
   FAX: 214-953-3152          |   Dallas, TX  75202