mhonarc-users

RE: Using the Add option

1996-07-16 13:30:33
Worked like a charm!  Normally updating my archives took 4+ hours and
saturated the system.  Using the "-add" option took almost 10 minutes
and the users didn't even know it was running.  Onward and upward!

Mitch Walker

----------
From:  Earl Hood[SMTP:ehood(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com]
Sent:  Monday, July 15, 1996 7:47 AM
To:    Walker, Mitch (Robert M)
Subject:       Re: Using the Add option

Starting with an index page with 100 messages, I tried it (with mhonarc
1.2.2) and I get an index page with only the added messages.  All the
others aren't listed.  They're still in the mhonarc.db and in the
directory, but not in the index.  When I tried to rebuild the index with
"-editidx" I got the following error and an empty index page:

            D:\temp\test>perl c:\mhonarc\mhonarc -dbfile mhonarc.db
-editidx
            ERROR: Database read error of .\mhonarc.db:
              Can't locate .mhonarc.db in @INC at (eval 3) line 1.

See if v1.2.3 works (see list message announcing v1.2.3).  There should
be a fix that will hopefully solves the problem.

      --ewh

----
   Earl Hood                  |   ISOGEN INTERNATIONAL CORP
   ehood(_at_)isogen(_dot_)com           |   dba Highland Consulting
   Phone: 214-953-0004 x127   |   2200 North Lamar #230
   FAX: 214-953-3152          |   Dallas, TX  75202