mhonarc-users

rsrc vars, etc

1996-11-13 23:36:18
Hi,

Newbie question...I apologize...

I have been trying to customize my mhonarc page setup with the rsrc file
but just can't figure it out.  I would like to be able to specify the
index title, thread index title and the first headings of each of those
pages on a per-case basis (each time I run mhonarc).  I can set the index
title with -title on the command line, but it won't let me do a -idxtitle,
for example.  If I could figure out how to specify this in the rsrc file,
I'd be willing to create a different rsrc file for each of the seven lists
I want to archive but I can't even figure that out.

Among other things, I've tried setting a variable in the rsrc file like

(After <IDXPGBEGIN>)...

<IDXTITLE>My title</IDXTITLE>
and then doing <title>$IDXTITLE$</title>

but this doesn't work.

How do I set variables in a rsrc file?

Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.  I have seven lists, all
versions of on one theme.  I've managed to pipe each list into a
file/directory structure based on the list and month it was recieved.

In my procmail script I run mhonarc once the mail has been added to the
file.  It is at this point, based on which list I'm mhonarcing, that I
want to be able to put the version in the index/thread title and header.

I'd even be happy using the 'title' for the index and thread title and
header, but I went through the rsrc file changing, for example $IDXTITLE$
to $TITLE$ thinking it would pick up the title from the command line
-title, but it doesn't.

Help!

Ben

   benjamin grosser, digital visualization facility          217.244.5669 (ofc)
   beckman institute for advanced science and technology     217.244.8371 (fax)
   405 north mathews avenue, urbana, illinois 61801
grosser(_at_)uiuc(_dot_)edu