mhonarc-users

Re: Avoiding overwriting the maillist.html

1996-11-28 08:42:20
Daniel DuBois said:
 [...]
I want to have an annotated index file.  I went to the trouble of putting
this in my rc file:
<LITEMPLATE>
<!-- Annotation begin -->
<!-- Annotation end -->
</LITEMPLATE>

AFAIK you can not do it with mhonarc up to know.  All information
that mhonarc can use in the index pages has to be in the .mhonarc.db
file.

Therefore a solution would be to and the add your comments to the orginal
message as a header and then patch mhonarc to store it in the .mhonarc.db
file.  One also has to introduce a mhonarc variable $XCOMMENT$ (or whatever).
After that (yeah, hard work :-).   After that you would be able to use
$XCOMMENT$ just like $FROM$ in the resource file.

It may be even better to introduce a new option

        -addheader [list of headers to additionaly store in mhonarc.db]

e.g.,

        -addheader comment

would store the header field value of Comment: for each message in
the mhonarc.db and creates a new resource file variable $XCOMMMENT$.

The obvious problem is that when I add new messages, apparently the index
list is overwritten rather than appended to, so I lose all my annotations.
How can I keep them?

I hope the answer isn't making a backup copy, and cutting and pasting over
the appropriate LI entries...

No :-) But there may be better solutions.

Achim
-----
Daniel DuBois, Traveling Coderman        www.spyglass.com/~ddubois
   o  The alpha of Heroes of Might and Magic II Bible is here!
      http://www.spyglass.com/~ddubois/HOMM2.html
   o  Free Trial: Now you can play Meridian 59 FREE for two days.
      Get all the details at http://meridian.3do.com/trial/