mhonarc-users

Re: Avoiding overwriting the maillist.html

1996-11-29 06:35:38
Daniel DuBois said:

Uhhhhh... OK.  Sounds like a good idea.  But I don't know perl, and I don't
really want to learn a new language just for the sake of doing this.  The
possibilty of me patching mhonarc anytime soon is near zero.

What a pity.  You miss a lot of fun if you use shell, awk, grep, ... instead
of perl :-)

On solution I thought of: Is there a way to get mhonarc to store all headers
in it's database and then show them all in the individual messages, even if
they are just 'dumb-data' in other words, not 'indexable variable's?  I
could hand change the source text files "Subject:"s lines into
"X-Original-Subject:" and make "Subject:" be my comment.

This is already possible. Any header that is available
in the message can be included into the HTML message file. See message
customization in the mhonarc documentation.  The reason is that mhonarc
need message itself to generate the HTML version of the message. There-
fore it's not necessary for mhonarc to store them in the .mhonarc.db file.

Have a nice weekend,
Achim