mhonarc-users

Re: Default Resource Settings.

1997-06-18 12:09:09
I normally check lib/mhinit.pl to find out the defaults (with grep)
The mapping between the perl variable and resource variable is in
most cases one to one but if in doubt I check the sub replace_li_var
in lib/mhrcvars.pl.

This is a good start; however, all the variable listings (or most) are *blank*.
I'm asking where are the standard values for the RC Vars stored? When I run
MHonArc without specifying an rcfile, it outputs HTML in a default format. I
was
wondering if there was an RCFILE out there or in the package (that I am not
seeing) that would effect the same exact output as the built-in defaults in
MHonArc (and to me it would make a great deal of sense to me for the defaults
be stored in an RCFILE instead of being built in, anyway).

I personally learn better by example anyhow, and if I have the output in one
window (say a Netscape), and the RCFILE in the other, I can easily make the
association "Hey, putting this here in the RCFILE puts that there in the HTML
Output. Neat."

So, anyone else?

Jordan Ritter
Systems Administrator