mhonarc-users

Trouble with MHonArc archiving robot and NTMail

1998-01-08 14:28:29
I've been trying to set up a MHonArc robot with NTMail, and have had a
bit of progress. I've run into more trouble though, and hope someone can
provide some help.

I'm using MHonArc v1.32 to archive an NTMail v3.02 mailing list, and have
set up a robot in NTMail to activate MHonArc when new messages arrive.
 Originally, I had checked both "Send mail to robot" and "Receive mail
from Robot" in NTMail, as recommended for another archiving software
(Hypermail). However, whenever "Receive mail from Robot" is checked, the
NTMail's SMTP service hangs, and I get a "closesocket failed 10038" error
in NTMail's SMTP log. So I unchecked "Receive" and kept "Send mail to"
checked. This stopped the errors from happening.

I set up the robot to activiate MHonArc on a mailbox, then sent a test
message to the robot (which is a member of the NTList list I've set up).
MHonArc successfully archived the messages in the mailbox.

However, MHonArc will not archive a piped message from standard input --
it gets as far as creating a mhonarc.lck folder in the output directory,
but does not archive the message. SMTP does not hang, no closesocket
errors occur, and other members of the test list receive the message. The
command line I've entered for the robot is:
 perl mhonarc -add -msgsep "^.$" -outdir <archive.dir> -- -

Does anyone have any experience with MHonArc and NTMail? What can I do to
persuade MHonArc to archive my NTMail messages?

Thanks for any and all help!

Steve Welch

Stephen R. Welch
Research Associate & Network Administrator
Council of Graduate Schools
swelch(_at_)cgs(_dot_)nche(_dot_)edu