mhonarc-users

Re: Frames -- Limiting Access

1998-06-02 17:25:44
On May 29, 1998 at 20:08, Jeff Hill wrote:

Been using MHonArc for months with no problems, but now I'm getting
complaints that people who come directly from search engines are getting
just the main message, not the entire framed contents.

Has anyone tried any restrictions so that people will always get the
entire frame structure and never be able to go directly to a single
message?

Since you are using frames, have you looked into JavaScript?
I think you may be able to force clients (that understand JavaScript)
to load up the framed view if going directly to a single message.
I think it will take some effort to get it to work.  I do not
know enough JavaScript to come up with a solution off the top of
my head.