mhonarc-users

Re: Reversing MHonArc

1998-06-08 22:48:48
On June 8, 1998 at 10:15, J C Lawrence wrote:

Does anyone here have a tool which will (attempt to) generate original
message texts from MHonArc's HTML-ised versions?

Not that I know of.  It is possible, but it can be complicated if
you try to deal with MIME decoded messages.

I am looking to take over archiving of a mailing list from a previous
archiver who didn't keep a copy of the original message sources.  I'd
like to regenerate the HTML with additional indexes as well as my own
look'n'feel.

You can still take the existing archives and create your look-and-feel
by applying your resources via the -editidx option.

Additionally I've been asked to attempt to generate an mbox version of
the contents of a MHonArc archive to send to the FindMail guys to
extend their archive of a mailing list further back.

Why?  Why provide work for them to where they can profit from it?
Aren't they a commercial group that makes money by advertising?