mhonarc-users

[no subject]

1998-08-17 13:31:29
On August 17, 1998 at 17:01, Shishir wrote:

Well, I have been actively looking into all the archives, and I have
found a few good solutions to using MHonArc on my Win NT 4.0 server, but
my problem is that I get a Runtime Exception when I try to use the tool
with a .mbx file, generated by MS Outlook Express.

Is the .mbx file a UUCP-style mailbox or a binary file?

Perl is set to handle all .pl files, and I am using ActivePerl's newly
released version, which is fully backward compatible.

That is what they say, but there is no way to guarantee full backward
compatibility (in any product).

I try to use the mhonarc file, but after pausing for a bit to lock the
device (which I have tried overriding as well, in any case, using -force
operator), I get the Runtime Error.

If MHonArc abnormally terminates, a mhonarc.lck file (directory) may
be left behind.  Delete it.

I have tried changing the mhonarc file to a .pl as well, and it seems to
work. Then, when I go to the directory where my Inbox.mbx (Outlook
Express folder), and run it, it works but only to give the following :
---
Trying to lock mail archive in . ..
Error: Runtime Error

As a control case, it would help if you run MHonArc on a mailbox file
other than from Outlook.  This way, you can see if it is a problem
with Outlook's format.

        --ewh

----
             Earl Hood              | University of California: Irvine
      ehood(_at_)medusa(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu      |      Electronic
Loiterer
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/ | Dabbler of SGML/WWW/Perl/MIME