mhonarc-users

Re: <BASE> in -single

1998-08-28 13:56:04
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Earl Hood wrote:

    On August 27, 1998 at 18:21, "Frank J. Wancho" wrote:

        Again, using a webmail interface to pass a message to mhonarc
        -single, where the message body is the result of a "Send Page"
        command in MSIE4, using MS Outlook Express, any included
        relative refs become relative to local, non-existent
        locations.

        If the <BASE> tag would be used at the front of the generated
        HTML code and the relative refs untouched, the intended
        results (a display of the original page) is properly
        reproduced.

        Is it possible get MHonArc to (optionally) generate that
        <BASE> tag with the correct contents?

    There was a fairly recent discussion about this on this list.  The
    issue is getting MHonArc to check Content-Location and Content-Base
    header fields.

    v2.3 has this check.  An alpha version of v2.3 is available at
    <URL:http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tar/MHonArc2.3.0alpha.tar.gz>.

Thanks, Earl.  I know I should have searched first.  I did see your
announcement of 2.3alpha on the list, but I guess I missed mention of
this feature.  I'll certainly check it out.

--Frank