mhonarc-users

Using OtherIndexes for Reverse Thread?

1998-10-07 12:23:58
Hi,

I am trying to create a set of 4 indexes to some news articles.  A
this, I'm using a primary rc file for the forward indices and messages
that contains an <OtherIndexes> section that calls two rc files to
create the reverse indices.

Everything works fine except the reverse thread index created is the
same as the forward thread index.  The curious thing is that if I use
my revthrd.rc file by itself, I get the proper index.  So, it does not
seem to be my rc file syntax.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

Attached are a simplifed version of my rc files and version info.  The
command I used was:

perl /usr/local/mhonarc/mhonarc -rcfile layout\primary.rc originals

Directory structure is:

current directory (mhonarc archive files)
.\layout          (rc files)
.\originals       (news articles)

TIA.

Greg
--
Greg Monroe                                E-mail:
Monroe(_at_)Mail(_dot_)Duke(_dot_)Edu

<Main>
<Thread>
<Sort>
<TSort>
<NoReverse>
<NoTReverse>
<NoMultiPg>
<OtherIndexes>
layout\revthrd.rc
layout\revdate.rc
</OtherIndexes>
<Main>
<NoThread>
<Sort>
<TSort>
<Reverse>
<TReverse>
<NoMultiPg>

<!-- The names must be changed to protect the innocent.... -->
<IDXFNAME>
rdates.html
</IDXFNAME>
<IDXPREFIX>
rdate
</IDXPREFIX>
<TIDXFNAME>
rthreads.html
</TIDXFNAME>
<TIDXPREFIX>
rthrd
</TIDXPREFIX>

<NoMain>
<Thread>
<Sort>
<TSort>
<NoReverse>
<TReverse>
<NoMultiPg>

<!-- The names must be changed to protect the innocent.... -->
<IDXFNAME>
rdates.html
</IDXFNAME>
<IDXPREFIX>