mhonarc-users

Location of <OtherIndexes> rc files (Enhancement req)

1998-10-07 13:35:54
I'd like to suggest a MHonArc enhancement to how the <OtherIndexes> rc
files are located.  Currently, MHonArc simply uses the standard file
lookup rules (current directory, path expansion, etc). It would be
*Very* nice if MHonArc would use the calling rc file's directory as the
current directory for files in the <OtherIndexes> resource.

My argument for this is that RC files are generally used across
multiple archives. Currently, to centrally locate/maintain them (e.g.
have a common layouts directory), a site specific path has to be put on
the OtherIndexes files so that they can be located.  This enhancement
would make rc files more portable between sites and archive directory
structures.

Just trying to help make a great product better...

Greg
--
Greg Monroe                                E-mail:
Monroe(_at_)Mail(_dot_)Duke(_dot_)Edu