mhonarc-users

Can mhonarc syncrone an archive with a message file?

1998-10-08 16:30:20

We are trying to use mhonarc as a sort of "help-desk" mail manager.  There
is a "help" account that collects e-mail requests for help.  Mhonarc
periodically updates the "help" archive with the contents of the "help"
account mail spool (inbox).

We are using MHonArc2.2.0.

The help-desk manager (a person) scans the inbox every now and then to
remove all messages pertaining to a request that has been resolved.  We
need to make mhonarc syncronize the mail archive with the contents of the
inbox.  That is, we need mhonarc to remove any messages in the archive
that are not in the inbox, and add new messages to the archive.  The -add
command-line switch does well for the latter case.  I am unable to find
any command-line switch to deal with the former case.  There did not seem
to be any reference to this problem in the mailing list archives.

Is this something that other people are doing?  If so, how did you solve
the problem?

Thanks for your help,
Carl

Carl G. Riches
Software Engineer
Department of Mathematics
Box 354350                              voice:     206-543-5082 or 206-616-3636
University of Washington                fax:       206-543-0397
Seattle, WA  98195-4350                 internet:
riches(_at_)ms(_dot_)washington(_dot_)edu