mhonarc-users

Re: Can mhonarc syncrone an archive with a message file?

1998-10-09 11:47:55

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:38:30 -0700 (PDT) Carl Riches
<riches(_at_)ms(_dot_)washington(_dot_)edu> wrote:
<stuff deleted...>

The help-desk manager (a person) scans the inbox every now and then to
remove all messages pertaining to a request that has been resolved.  We
need to make mhonarc syncronize the mail archive with the contents of the
inbox.  That is, we need mhonarc to remove any messages in the archive
that are not in the inbox, and add new messages to the archive.  The -add
command-line switch does well for the latter case.  I am unable to find
any command-line switch to deal with the former case.  There did not seem
to be any reference to this problem in the mailing list archives.

If I understood your process correctly, the inbox contains all the
messages you want in your "active" MHonArc archive.  Why not simply
rebuild the entire archive?

KISS, KISS  (Keep it simple...)

Greg
--
Greg Monroe                                E-mail:
Monroe(_at_)Mail(_dot_)Duke(_dot_)Edu