mhonarc-users

Re: Two Questions: IMAP and Monthly Archive Splitting

1999-02-08 23:30:20
---Mark Derricutt <mark(_at_)chalice(_dot_)gen(_dot_)nz> wrote:

1) I have recently started using IMAP at home, and I've just noticed
that my
mail archives have hundreds of messages in the form of:

Subject: DON'T DELETE THIS MESSAGE -- FOLDER INTERNAL DATA
From: Mail System Internal Data
<MAILER-DAEMON(_at_)morpork(_dot_)chalice(_dot_)gen(_dot_)nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:39:59 +0000 (GMT)

Is it possible to tell MhonArc to ignore these messages and don't
put them
in the archive?

MHonArc does not support selective exclusion of messages.  Currently,
users will use front-ends, like Procmail, to determine if a message
should be archived or not.

And can I easily remove these messages from the
database/web-archive?

Yes.  See the RMM resource page in the documentation for more details.

My second question is about monthly archive splitting...

How can I easily automate splitting up my archives into months?
Like the
mhonarc list archive at
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/mhonarc/ -
it's split up into months, giving both the web-archive plus an mbox
file???

Check the list archives.  The common approach is to use Procmail.
Several
users have posted Procmail recipies for monthly archives.

        --ewh

==
Earl Hood
earlhood(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com