mhonarc-users

address kerflundering

1999-06-04 04:01:43

I decided to try something a bit unusual, and submit an offer for a
small bounty at "The Free Software Bazaar" for a patch to MHonArc.
Mainly, I'm curious to see if and how their bounty system
works. Anyway, I thought it would be common courtesy to carbon copy to
this list. I hope I didn't offend anyone with this experiment.

Cheers,
Jeff

Offer expires midnight, December 31, 1999, GMT.

Helpful references:

http://www.mail-archive.com/mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu/msg01047.html
 http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/mhonarc.html

$25 to developer.

Jeff Breidenbach
jeff(_at_)alum(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu
phone: 908 210 9135 home
phone: 908 938 9600 x3010 work
http://www.jab.org (homepage)

=
The following advice is quoted from Earl Hood:
=

The two main functions to target are:

mailUrl() in mhutil.pl:
This function is used in the conversion of address in converted
message headers.

replace_li_var() in mhrcvars.pl:
This is the general purpose function for doing resource
variable interpolation.  If any new resource variables are desired,
this function would have to handle them.

What I propose is the following new resource variables:

$FROMADDRNAME$
The username portion of the email address

$FROMADDRDOMAIN$
The domain name of the email address

Example:

nobody(_at_)foo(_dot_)com