mhonarc-users

Re: archives of styles ?

1999-07-01 15:11:39
On July 1, 1999 at 14:55, Philip Lijnzaad wrote:

Just converted my HyperMail setup to MHonArc, and I must say MHonArc is a
brilliant piece of work. Just a brief question: is there any public
repository of 'styles' (i.e. complete resource files) ?

Not that I am aware of.  The problem is that user's resource files tend
to be site specific.  Ideally, there would be a tutorial on resource
files, and tips on achieving common tasks.  However, that takes time,
and I try my best to at least keep the reference manual and FAQ
up-to-date.  Maintaining the documentation takes around the same time
as maintaining the code, and sometimes, it takes more time.  I hope
someday to write up some tutorials.

Incidentally, is there a way to set 'custom resources' ? I manage a number of
mailing lists, each with there own name and home page, which I like to
include in the lay-out. I solved it by using the C-preprocessor, but maybe
there are cleverer ways. Anyway, regards,

There are custom resource variables.  You can define your own variables
which you can use resources.  See the DEFINEVAR resource for more
information.