mhonarc-users

Re: Problem with MHonArc

1999-07-07 07:42:34
At 06:38 PM 7/6/99 -0700, Earl Hood wrote:
On July 7, 1999 at 02:40, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

P.S. When I sent my first message, I wasn't aware that I posted it
     to a mailing list. Since I found the email address
     mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu at
     http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/app-bugs.html ,
     I thought I simply reported a bug.

You sent the message to the right address.  MHonArc fails to properly
associated "bsdos" to a Unix operating environment.  This is a bug in
MHonArc and any bugs should be sent to the list.  Having bug reports
sent to the list alerts other users of potential problems they may
encounter.

I don't think Gunnar was objecting to the fact that bug reports for MHonArc
get circulated in this way. It sounds as though he would like to know
before he sends his message that he is addressing a list of subscribers and
a publicly accessible archive.  Nothing in the edress identifies it as a
listserv.

Al