mhonarc-users

Re: Problem with MHonArc

1999-07-06 21:10:52
On July 7, 1999 at 02:40, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

Summary of my perl5 (5.0 patchlevel 4 subversion 1) configuration:
  Platform:
    osname=bsdos, osvers=2.1, archname=i386-bsdos
---------------^^^
Ugh.

What? Should I send your regards to my web hosting provider? :-)

Nope, I was just expressing the fun it is trying to properly detect the
OS.  There is no standardized naming scheme for operating systems.  BSD
is a good operating system, but I would recommend that they update the
version of perl.

P.S. When I sent my first message, I wasn't aware that I posted it
     to a mailing list. Since I found the email address
     mhonarc(_at_)ncsa(_dot_)uiuc(_dot_)edu at
     http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/app-bugs.html ,
     I thought I simply reported a bug.

You sent the message to the right address.  MHonArc fails to properly
associated "bsdos" to a Unix operating environment.  This is a bug in
MHonArc and any bugs should be sent to the list.  Having bug reports
sent to the list alerts other users of potential problems they may
encounter.