mhonarc-users

Re: Exclude Majordomo message footer?

1999-09-10 13:06:43
On September 10, 1999 at 18:14, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

      text/plain;m2h_text_plain::filter;mhtxtplain.pl

in the MIMEFILTERS element for

      text/plain;qrarc_text_plain::filter;qrarc-txtplain.pl

i.e. so that it refers to the just mentioned modified file. Is that what
you mean with using the text/plain filter as a template?

Yep.  Why start from scratch when you can plagiarize? :-)

I'd put the stripping code at the beginning of the function
before any other conversion processing is done.

I put it after line 192 in mhtxtplain.pl. Essentially the code consists
of:

      $data =~ s/FOOTERTEXT//g;

Looks right.  Take care using the /g modifier depending on what
the FOOTERTEXT regex is.  I would guess that the regex could be
anchored to the end of the string with \Z so something like /g
would not be needed.