mhonarc-users

separate directories by month? (FAQ?)

1999-09-05 00:48:22
OK, I thought this would be in a FAQ, and I've seen it asked in the
mailing list archives, and I've skimmed through all the resource
descriptions, but I can't find the answer. How does one go about
configuring MHonArc to build the archives for incoming messages in
separate directories by month?

I could possibly pipe my incoming messages to a simple script that would
generate the *current* year and month (e.g., 9909 for this month), do a
mkdir if needed, and then pass the message along to mhonarc with that
string in the -outdir argument ... but isn't there a way built-in to
MHonArc? Preferably one that would parse the message date?

   - Mike
 Mike Brown / Hyperreal   |  Hyperreal http://www.hyperreal.org/music/
 PO Box 61334             |     XML & XSL http://www.skew.org/xml/
 Denver CO 80206-8334 USA |       http://www.hyperreal.org/~mike/