mhonarc-users

archive by months and years

1999-11-04 07:36:34

Hi!

 I think that it would be better, if Earl could set in
Mhonarc by default that it would divide messages by months, and years (into
separate folders/pages).
At present I don't know how to do it, and surveying the documentation I haven't
found a simple answer, yet.
Could you help me, please?

Another thing is that I have to get messages for mhonarc from majordomo by
'subscribing' to list of subscribers that command:
|/bin/cat >>
/home/andyk/public_html/chemfan/archive/chemfan.mails.inbox
Then using cron I run Mhonarc periodically, but I'd prefer to add messages to
archives as they are received (preferably without the necessity to use that
'inbox' file). How to do it if I can't get it directly from spool or procmail
(since I
have troubles in effective filtering of bounced messages from discussion list
messages received to my account)?
I found a few examples how to do it on your page:
http://www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/MHonArc/doc/faq/archives.html#forward

but, I don't know how to reconfigure the 'system' (with "|/bin/cat >>
/home/andyk/public_html/chemfan/archive/chemfan.mails.inbox")
to do it. :(

Regards
Andrzej Kasperowicz
-