mhonarc-users

Follow-up/References/Botlinks interaction

1999-11-09 02:11:55
A minor message page formatting question, for MHonArc 2.4.4

The default resource layout for a message page has the MSGBODYEND
resource put out a horizontal line (<HR>).  Then follow-up and
reference links are emitted, under the control of FOLUPBEGIN,
FOLUPLITXT, FOLUPEND, REFSBEGIN, REFSLITXT, and REFSEND, according to
the manual.  Then the default BOTLINKS resource emits another <HR>,
and then produces a few more links.  MSGBODYEND and BOTLINK are always
used, and each produces an <HR>.  Unfortunately, if the message has no
follow-ups, and no references, you get two <HR> lines together.
Some of the example lists given on the MHonArc home page, in
particular the Fvwm and Majordomo examples, somehow seem to get around
this.  However, I can't figure out from the HTML source exactly what
they are doing in the resource file to accomplish this.
I have played around with moving the <HR> markup around among the
various resources, but couldn't duplicate the behaviour of these two
lists.

Does anyone know how to avoid this "double <HR>" syndrome?

Thanks,
Wayne Chapeskie